- The person, shop or website who accepts bets.
- Short race, less than one mile.
Looking for Live
Horse Betting, the best odds, online and toll-free gambling, big bonuses
and lots of promotions. Check out Live
Horse Betting, we guarantee your satisfaction.
- The prize money for the winning horses paid to the owner (eg. trophy or prize
- A horse whose level of competition includes mostly stakes races.
- A male horse used for breeding.
- In harness racing, starters start from a standing position, once the barrier
across the track is released.
- The person responsible for starting a race.
- Partitioned mechanical device having stalls in which the horses are confined
until the starter releases the doors in front to begin the race.
(or SP) - An estimation
of odds available when the race starts.
- Mechanical gates that ensure all horses start in unison.
- When a betting selection starts to move quite rapidly, usually caused by many
bettors betting on it.
- A race in which horses are required to jump over a series of obstacles on
the course. Also known as a 'Chase'.
- The group of people who control the day's racing by ensuring that every runner
competes on its merits and imposing penalties for any breach of the rules of
- An enquiry by the stewards into a race.
- (Also, Bat) A jockey's whip.
Want to bet on the tracks
right now, visit Bet
Horse Tracks, offers the opportunity to bet on all U.S racetracks and major
tracks from the world.