- More than 10:1.
- (Also, Outsider) An runner is often referred to as being a long shot, because
of the fact it is returning high odds and is therefore deemed to have little
chance of winning the race.
Lug In (Out)
- Action of a tiring horse, bearing in or out, failing
to keep a straight course.
Looking for a way to bet
on all major race tracks from around the world, try All
Tracks.com, excellent odds, big bonuses and 24/7 payouts make this site
our favorite Racebook.
- 1) A horse or rider that has not won a race. 2) A female that has never been
- A race for non-winners.
- Female horse five-years-old or older.
- The list of all horses engaged in a race and their respective odds.
- A collection of races conducted by a club on the same day or night forms a
- Broadly, from one mile to 1-1/8 miles.
- In harness racing it is the approximate time a horse would have run per mile
- A mutuel pool caused when a horse is so heavily played that, after deductions
of state tax and commission, there is not enough money left to pay the legally
prescribed minimum on each winning bet. The racing association usually makes
up the difference.
- A rider who excels in rich races.
- Horse who performs well in morning workouts but fails to fire in actual races.
- Approximate odds quoted before wagering begins.
- A horse that races well on muddy tracks. Also known as a 'Mudlark'.
- Short for 'Parimutuel Pool'. Sum of the wagers on a race or event, such as
the win pool, daily double pool, exacta pool, etc.
Want to bet on the tracks
right now, visit Bet
Horse Tracks, offers the opportunity to bet on all U.S racetracks and major
tracks from the world.