Racing Association (NTRA)
- A non-profit, membership organization created in 1997 to improve economic
conditions and public interest in Thoroughbred racing.
- The complete list of runners entered by owners and trainers for a race.
- A handicap for two-year-old horses.
Want to bet right now on
all major tracks with great odds and daily payouts, Sign up at MVP
Racebook and receive up to 30% in bonuses.
- A stakes event for three-year-old fillies (females).
- Claim of foul lodged by rider, patrol judge or other official after the running
of a race. If lodged by official, it is called an inquiry.
- The figure or fraction by which a bookmaker or totalisator offers to multiply
a bettor's stake, which the bettor is entitled to receive (plus his or her own
stake) if their selection wins.
- Same as 'Oddsmaker' below.
Odds of less than even money
- This a bet where you have to outlay more than you win. For example if a horse
is two to one Odds-On, you have to outlay two dollars to win one dollar and
your total collect if the horse wins is three dollars. That is made up of your
two dollars and the one dollar you win.
- A person who sets the betting odds. (Sportsbooks or Bookies don't set the
odds. Most major sportsbooks use odds set by Las Vegas oddsmakers.)
- Sign displayed when result is confirmed. Also racing official.
Betting (OTB) - Wagering
at legalized betting outlets.
On The Board
- Finishing among the first three.
On The Nose
- Betting a horse to win only.
- Steeplechase jump with a ditch on the side facing the jockey.
Want to bet on the tracks
right now, visit Bet
Horse Tracks, offers the opportunity to bet on all U.S racetracks and major
tracks from the world.